Counting down until we rock out Texas style!

A Question of Copyright

Hi everyone

Over the gigs that we’ve done I occasionally get asked whether we need to pay any fees in terms of copyright for the songs that we cover. It’s an interesting question, and the easy answer is “no”. And that is simply because legally we don’t have to. The venues where we play are all required to have a PRS License (Performing Rights Society). All venues that provide music whether through an in-house stereo or PA system, or if music is played by a band or used in a theatre production etc are required to have one of these licenses by law. All we as a band are required to do is provide the venue with the set list of the songs/artists we have played. And its as simple as that for us.